Hmmm, I do not seem to remember a whole lot about yesterday afternoon, mainly the group of us went around the town looking around and eventually made it to getting our cell phones. our phones are pretty silly looking and extremely basic/slow. nothing like the ones we have in the states. Afterwards a couple of us went to a Muslim restaurant and ate some noodles which were very tasty, I ordered (I believe) beef, with noodles, and mushrooms. The plate was very filling and I also had a tea of some sort. After this I headed back to the college and went to sleep at a fairly early time, I believe around 9 or 930.
Begin the 23rd;
I woke up fairly early again (I have yet to sleep in until my alarm) at about 7, and did the usual routine of showering and getting ready in the morning. The group of us made our way to "the office" and sat down on our computers for a short time before Li told us we were going on a trip. The trip which was fairly close, and only took a short bus ride to a taxi/van ride to XiXi wetland which was a place that had houses/huts that were kind of like a museum. inside the huts were many artifacts from (I think) the Qing dynasty of the people that used to live there. after taking a few boatrides around the islands we had to walk back to the entrance, which didnt seem so bad until we got lost multiple times and ended up walking an extremely long distance. We finally found the exit and took a taxi back to the school, where I now am writing this blog post befor going back outside to get some dinner and possibly watch the movie "wizard people" later.
Monday, February 22, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment