Tuesday, March 9, 2010

A few days passed I suppose

So things have been moving fairly quickly lately, I have not done anything new and I have also not taken any photos lately. The past few days were pretty crummy weather wise, it was windy and rainy a lot of the time and there wasn't a whole lot to do. I was placed in level 1.5 chinese class, however today I got switched into level 2 chinese which is where I wanted to be. I hope that the new class will be somewhat more challenging so I will be able to learn more. The new class schedule allows me to sleep in a little while on Tuesday and Wednesday morning, but on Tuesday I have 3 classes at one time which last for 4.5 hours in total. Along with wandering somewhat farther each day I am starting an internship next week, the internship basically makes me a consultant for a few people who were accepted to (I'm assuming somewhat) prestigous schools in the U.S. I have to ask them specific questions and work with helping them to better understand the system they will be confronted with in the U.S. I am not entirely sure what exactly I am doing though, but once I find out I will post more. I also decided to learn how to solve a rubiks cube by memorizing the algorithms for solving it, as of now I can fairly easily solve the bottom, and two layers. The final layer is a little bit more difficult and requires memorizing quite a few algorithms, but I hope by the end of the week I will have it down. Besides that, I do not yet have a lot of homework to do for classes so I mainly hang out with the group of Central friends I have and go to different restaurants.
The language barrier has become a lot less lately, I am remember a lot of Chinese that I forgot and am slowly working my way up to understanding everyone much better. A few days ago I went to a market that I have been to before with Zoe and Ashley, they bought a few cloth type items but I couldn't find anything to buy. Afterwards I came back to the college for my history class and learned about a game called Weiqi, which is kind of like the game where you have dots and connect them with lines but a lot larger in scale. Yesterday was very windy and cold, in fact it was so cold that it snowed.

No comments:

Post a Comment